Since moving into Converse I have learned many things about not only other people, but a lot about myself as well. I am living with my high school best friend which has made this entire transition a little easier. I have realized that a lot of people make me nervous; I’m not a big fan of crowds at all. Being here I have been almost constantly around large groups of people. I have learned to adjust and make changes in the way I think when it comes to large groups of people. I have also learned that no matter how hard you try, there is always going to be some people that you just will not be able to get along with and that’s ok. Everyone must learn at one time or another that there will be people that you will have clashing views with, or just will not be able to get along with for whatever reason. After BS/LS week everyone on the hall has gotten much closer, simply from spending time together waiting out in the hall and being excited for each other when we got out gifts. The faculty experience here is different than what I experienced in high school. Being in the IB program in high school meant that we all had the same teachers for multiple years. There are only a few teachers in Rock Hill who are qualified to teach IB. So it was easy to establish relationships with those teachers, here it is weird to all of sudden not have those teachers I was so used to. It is not a bad thing, just different, but then again, everything about this place has been so different from what I am used to.
1 comment:
You will begin to develop close relationships with your professors at Converse. Plan to attend the faculty visitor programs. Even if the professor is not one of your current ones... you just may have this person in the future.
Post a Comment