Monday, September 1, 2008

Blog Entry 1

I expect my first semester of college to be the most challenging thing i have probably ever done. It has been getting off to a good start but it has proved to be difficult in ways i have not anticipated. Although I know its going to be different I'm still really excited because i know that because i am here at Converse i will be surrounded by support and some of the best traditions and social events around. I am living with my best friend from high school and i think we are both worried about the status of our friendship and how it will be affected by living together. So far, (even though it has only been two weeks) it is going great. we both have ample time to be alone but we both have that quality time where we can talk about anything. College has been great so far but i do find myself having doubts. Do i belong here? how am i supposed to fit in with a lot of these girls? is this the best place for my major? how long am i going to be able to be away from home? is the condition of my health going to make me leave this place? the last two questions are my biggest concern. I'm not really homesick, I'm fine here, but i know that i left my mom at home alone and i hate that. but i knew that i had to come to school where i wanted (or thought i wanted) to be. and the last question, I've had so many health problems over the last 2 years and I'm scared that it may end up interfering with this whole college away from home thing. Should be interesting, I'm excited, scared, thrilled, tired, amazing and ecstatic about my first semester in college.

1 comment:

Witney said...

Shannon- all of your questions are normal. You will continue to meet many different women who will bring something different to your friendships. Push yourself to get involved - Converse has lots of opportunities. I know, it can be scary being away from home. But, keep your purpose in mind. You are here to receive a colleg education. Keep up the hard work, and dont hesitate to ask for help if you need it.