The election is important to me because this is the first time that we will be able to vote. So watching the debate is more than just a homework assignment like it was last time. I know who I am voting for, but I think it is ridiculous how people can act and how judgmental they can be when they find out who someone else is voting for. It annoys me how much it matters to other people, it should not. We all have our own ideas and beliefs and I will never understand why people try to force other people to believe what they believe and vote for who they say they should vote for. It annoys me a good bit.
This election is important also because no matter what, its going to make history. By the time this election is over we will either have a back president, or a woman vice president. Although Palin is not the first woman to run for vice president I still think it would be a GREAT accomplishment if McCain wins and she gets to the White House. SOME of the “old fashioned southern” (which I believe is just a nice term for closed minded idiots) men will not shut up about the “poor choices” on the ballot. God forbid it’s a woman or a black guy not matter what. And what bothered me the most about these particular people is that THEY DID NOT VOTE IN THE PRIMARY ELECTIONS. Gr.
This election is important to be so people like ^that^ will shut up and maybe the country can be better than it is today, not that it is bad, just that I am sure change and some improvements are going to be welcomed.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are absolutely correct, though. History will be made one way or another.....
Everyone is going to have their beliefs and alot of people try to get everyone to believe the way they do about anything not just elections
This election will definitely make history...it too bad I can't vote in it though.
I'll probably vote for McCain as well. Isn't it exciting that we can vote now?
Post a Comment