Wednesday, September 10, 2008

honesty and irony


Being honest for a whole twenty four hours was a little harder than I thought it was going to be, I am always pretty honest, but I it just so happened that the day we were supposed to be being honest all day I just so happened to dislocate my hip. Which meant that I had to call my doctor and when he asked me if I had been wearing heels (I already have a fake hip, so usually heels for long periods of time are a no-no but I wore low(ish) ones to Convocation on Tuesday) so I had to say yes, I wore them for about 3 hours. That made the doctor not very happy. Other than that being honest was not that bad, I realized I thought a lot more about what I said and made sure it was the whole and complete truth. Academic integrity is very important to me and to this institution because it makes the environment we are learning in a more comfortable place to be in. I agree with what Anna said on Tuesday as well, I plan on being a teacher and if I were to cheat my way into an Early Childhood Education degree and felt as though I did not truly deserve it, I would be ashamed to stand in front of those children, and speak with their parents about the education I am supposed to be giving them and how I am not qualified to do so because I cheated my way through college.

1 comment:

Witney said...

Yes, it is interesting how this challenge makes us all more aware of what we are saying. Sorry to hear about your hip!